- 1/4 cup salt
- waterChicken & Seasoning:
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless, about 3-4 pounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika regular or smoked
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes optionalGarnish:
- chopped parsley
- To brine chicken breasts, fill a large bowl with 1 quart of lukewarm water and 1/4 cup salt. Then, stir to combine until the salt is dissolved. Next, add the meat to the brine mixture and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Also, you could cover the bowl and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. When ready to cook, remove them from the brine, and rinse under cold water. Lastly, pat them dry with some paper towels.Chicken and Seasoning:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease of a 9×13 inch baking dish with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix: salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, dried basil, dried parsley and pepper flakes.
- Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil or melted butter and seasoning on both sides. Rub well so it absorbs properly.
- Add chicken to the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Before slicing, let rest for 5-10 minutes for optimal tenderness.