- (Use a boxed mix, or use the following ingredients for homemade brownies)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. flour (for tossing chocolate chips)
Pecan Pie topping
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3-1/2 cups pecans
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
Brownies (if not using a boxed mix)
- Sift the flour, salt, and cocoa and set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs (one at a time) to a large bowl. Mix together.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle the tsp of flour over the chocolate chips in a small bowl and toss. Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes. Set aside.
Pecan Pie Topping
- Add the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and melted butter to a medium-sized bowl. Mix together.
- Add the pecans and stir until all are covered.
- Pour over the brownies and spread out gently.
- Bake again for 25-30 minutes until done.