- 3-4 lb chicken wings (fresh or frozen)
- Seasoning rub
- 1 cup brown sugar, dark brown preferred
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs rice vinegar (white may be substituted)
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- You can leave fresh wings whole or cut them up at the joint. Don’t discard tips if you do cut them up; save them for making stock. Frozen wing portions must be defrosted.
- Pat wings dry with paper towels and rub with seasoning rub.
- Cook wings in the way you prefer–bake, deep fry or use the slow cooker. For approximate times for each method, see NOTES.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, place all sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir well to combine.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced 50%–it should look like a thin syrup when it’s done. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Place cooked wings in a large bowl, add the sauce and toss to coat.