- 1 can 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 1/2 C. applesauce
- 2/3 C. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 C. sugar
- 3 1/2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 1/2 C. mini chocolate chips.
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 16 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease loaf pans, muffins pans or come of each (I made 1 large loaf and 12 muffins!)
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, milk, vanilla extract and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger together.
- Combine the 1st and 2nd bowl and stir only until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and milk together until smooth.
- For Loaf Pans: Pour a little bit of batter into the loaf pan, spread to cover the bottom and then spoon cream cheese filling and spread it on top. Continue to alternate until your pan is 3/4 full and then bake for 60-80 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- For muffins: Fill each muffin tin 1/3 full, then spoon your filling in the pan, then top with another spoonful of pumpkin batter. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- NOTE: I sprinkled extra chocolate chips on top of my bread before baking to make it look extra pretty.