Red Velvet Waffles
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 11 drops red food coloring
- 1 (6oz) container reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, butter, vanilla and vinegar, whisking to combine well. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients. Add in food coloring and whisk to combine fully.
- Cook waffles according to the directions on your waffle iron (being sure to grease the pan with cooking spray).
- While cooking the waffles, prepare the cream cheese glaze. Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Slowly start adding the powdered sugar and milk to the cream cheese, alternating between the two. I added my powder sugar in 1/2 cup increments and splashed a little milk in as I went along. Beat with an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- Spoon or drizzle glaze over warm waffles and serve immediately.