- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c. all-purpose flour (or white whole wheat flour, which is what I use)
- 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 3/4 c. chopped Heath Bar or Heath toffee bits
For The Crust:
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour and mix until just combined. The dough will be stiff.
- Pat dough evenly into the bottom of a 9×13″ coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees until pale golden on top, about 15-20 minutes.
For The Topping:
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the crust. Return pan to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes until the chocolate chips are beginning to melt.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread the chocolate evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the pecans and Heath bar toffee pieces evenly over the chocolate.
- Let cool completely in the pan. Use a sharp knife to cut into small squares.