Sausage Egg Boats
- 4 demi sourdough baguettes (I found them in the bakery section of the grocery store)
- 1 (7 ounce) package of Pork Sausage Links
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream or fat free half & half
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut and pull out the middle of all 4 sourdough baguettes, leaving ½ inch of bread in the bottom and on the sides. Set baguettes aside. Prepare sausage according to package directions. Cut links into bite-size pieces and set aside. In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the eggs and the cream. Whisk in remaining ingredients and sausage. Evenly divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat. Place all 4 baguettes on a baking sheet and bake for 25-28 minutes or until set in the center. Allow boats to cool for 10 minutes, cut and serve.