- 1 lb (450g) Italian Sausage
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 3 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 (8 oz – 225g) can ground tomato
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 medium Roma fresh tomatoes, diced (or 1 small can petite diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute mode. Allow to warm up and add olive oil and onions, and cook until slightly soft.
- Add sausage meat, break up with a spatula, and cook until it’s no longer pink, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn’t stick to the insert. Press CANCEL to stop the saute mode.
- Add the ground tomatoes, diced tomatoes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Give a quick stir to mix everything together.
- Place a lid on the Instant Pot, close, and make sure the vent is set to SEALING position. Hit PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes. When pressure cooking is done, do a quick release, then carefully remove the lid and hit CANCEL to turn the Instant Pot off.
- Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Divide the sausage parmesan cream cheese soup into bowls, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and more parmesan; then serve immediately. Enjoy!