- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20 oz three cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 tsp Herb de provence
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Take skin off the sausage and pinch off 1/2 inch balls. Slice peppers and onions.
- Cook tortellini, strain and set aside.
- Preheat oil in a skillet.
- Cook sausage, onions and peppers until sausage is almost done.
- Add tomato sauce and heavy cream and stir well. Press garlic into the skillet and stir it in the seasoning.
- Stir in cooked tortellini and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.