- 12 ounces ground sausage
- 6-8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound raw shredded potatoes (shred your own potatoes or just buy refrigerated uncooked hashbrowns)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Gruyère and highly recommend it)
- 2 cups shredded kale (you can sub other veggies or just omit it for an equally delicious combo)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a pie pan with parchment paper.
- Brown the sausage until completely cooked and crumbled. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, herbes de provence, and salt and pepper.
- Add the hash browns, 2/3 cup cheese, kale, and sausage from step one. Mix until combined.
- Transfer to the pie pan and top with remaining cheese. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until set (bake longer if you’re using shredded potatoes – hash browns will bake faster). Remove foil, turn heat to 400 or 450, and bake an additional 10 minutes until golden brown on top. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow excess moisture absorb. Cut into slices and serve.