- 7 large eggs
1 lb ground sausage(455 g)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- flour, as needed
- seasoned bread crumbs, as needed
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add 5 eggs and boil for six minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately transfer eggs to an ice water bath to cool (this will prevent the eggs from cooking further and will ensure a nice soft boiled egg)
- Combine sausage, green onions, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Peel the cooled eggs and roll in flour.
- Press out the sausage mixture into patties and wrap around the floured eggs.
- Whisk the remaining 2 eggs together to form an egg wash.
- Roll your sausage-wrapped egg in flour, then egg wash, and finish in the seasoned bread crumbs. Repeat for each egg.
- Heat oil to 300˚F (150˚C) and fry each egg for about 3 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Transfer fried eggs to a baking tray and finish cooking in a preheated oven for 5 minutes at 400˚F (200˚C)