- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable, canola oil or olive oil for frying
- lemon wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- salt to taste
- Using a sharp knife, cut the shrimp into small cubed like pieces.
- Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl and add the remaining of the ingredients: panko bread crumbs, beaten egg, hot sauce, green onion, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest, paprika, onion powder and salt. Stir gently to combine.
- Form the shrimp mixture into 8-10 patties. You can use an ice cream scoop to make each sized portion.
- Next, heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp patties in a single layer and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Gently flip on the other side, to not break the patties.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined. Serve with the shrimp cakes with lemon wedges on the side.