Spicy Cucumber Margaritas
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon agave (use more/less to taste)
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thick coins
- 1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced
- optional garnishes: extra thinly-sliced cucumber rounds, extra jalapeno slices, and/or lime wedges
Sweet Chili Rim Salt:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon (coarse) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I used turbinado)
To Make The Margarita:
- Add tequila, lime juice, agave, orange juice, and cucumber to a blender.
- Pulse for 1 minute, or until the mixture is smooth. Strain out the liquid into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the jalapeno slices, and muddle until the margarita has your desired level of heat. (Note that the longer the jalapenos sit in the mixture, the more they will release their flavor, so heads up!)
- Add a handful of ice, and shake the mixture vigorously for a few seconds so that it is chilled. Then immediately strain it into serving glasses that have been rimmed with salt (see below), filled with ice, and topped with optional garnishes.
To Make The Sweet Chili Rim Salt:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- Run a lime wedge around the edge of your serving glass, then dip it into the salt until the rim is coated.
- Repeat with remaining glasses.