- 8 ounces rice stick noodles
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups veggie or chicken broth
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- chopped fresh cilantro or basil for garnish
- sliced red Fresno chiles, jalapeño and green onion for garnish
- mung bean sprouts or matchstick carrots for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the rice noodles, cook for 3 minutes and drain in cold water.
- Combine the garlic, ginger and curry paste in a small food processor or mince and mash them together. Add the coconut oil & combine well.
- In a large pot hear the curry paste mash over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pot. Add the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Season with salt if needed.
- Add the drained noodles and let them cook and soak up the hot broth for 2 minutes.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls and serve garnished with cilantro, Thai basil chiles and green onions if desired.