Spinach Artichoke Wontons
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 box frozen spinach thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke heartsfinely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg beaten
- oil for frying
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes seeded
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place the cream cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Still until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and drop 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture into the center. Brush the edges of the wonton with the egg.
- Bring 2 opposite corners together in the middle of the wonton and pinch. Repeat with the other 2 corners and pinch to form a package shape.
- Repeat with the remaining wontons and cream cheese until all are filled.
- Heat 4 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F.
- Fry 5-6 wontons at a time, turning them as needed to make sure they brown evenly. This process should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the cooked wontons on paper towels and repeat the frying process with remaining wontons.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, parsley with a pinch of salt.
- Serve the wontons immediately, with the tomato mixture spooned over the top or served on the side.