- 6 Baby Eggplants (4 Inches In Length)
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Peeled & Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 5 Medium Ripe Tomatoes, Cored, And Lightly Squeezed To Remove Seeds
- 2 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 3 Teaspoons Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplants in half, and use a sharp knife to cut around the outer edge leaving a small border without piercing the skin.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, and finely chop it.
- Place the eggplants cut side up on a baking sheet.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat, and then cook the onion until it is translucent, and 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and eggplant flesh, and continue to cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes until the mixture is thick.
- Remove the pan from the stove and stir in the eggs, cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling in to the eggplant shells, and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.