- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ⅓ cup taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, or you can use 16 oz. of my prepared homemade refried beans
- 1½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sliced olives, sour cream, avocados and salsa.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is done. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook about 3 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chips in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Evenly drop spoonfuls of beans over the chips and carefully spread beans over chips.
- Spoon ground beef mixture over beans and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream and salsa.