- 1 (15.5-oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ large onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 medium carrot, diced (about ½ cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tsps. chopped fresh sage( or ½ tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. salt, plus more for taste
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped spinach
- ⅓ c. freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender. Add the broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and the spinach leaves. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and enjoy!