- 2 large baking potatoes – washed and pierced on top multiple times
- 1 small head of broccoli florets
- 1 batch of vegan cheddar cheese sauce
- Note: The cheese sauce requires baking the sweet potato and soaking the cashews for 1 to 4 hours depending on how strong your blender is, so plan accordingly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and bake the potatoes for an hour or until they are easily pierced with a fork.
- When the potato has baked for 40 minutes begin to prepare the broccoli.
- Put a steam basket in a large pot and fill with water to the top of the basket and bring to a boil. When the water is boiling add the broccoli and cover, reduce the heat to medium low and steam for approximately 10 minutes or until the broccoli is soft enough to pierce with a fork, but not mushy.
- While the broccoli is steaming make the cheese sauce if you haven’t already.
- In a large bowl mix the sauce and the broccoli together. Slice down the center of the potato and squeeze the ends of the potato toward the center to open it up. Spoon the cheesy broccoli in and on top of the potato.