- 1 cup of any dairy free milk for soaking
- 2 cans of organic full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup tapioca pearls (I used large pearls)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or any liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more if desired)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- pinch of salt
- Soak tapioca pearls in 1 cup of dairy free milk for one hour.
- Drain tapioca and place all ingredients into a medium to large sauce pan.
- Over medium to high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Lower to a simmer and let cook for 25 minutes, until pearls are translucent, stirring frequently. If they are not translucent by 25 minutes, you can leave them in an extra 10.
- The tapioca will start to thicken up especially once it’s cooling.
- Transfer to serving bowls, jars, or ramekins and place in the fridge and let set for 20 minutes, 1 hour, or even over night.
- Before serving top with your favorite fruit or cinnamon and Enjoy!