Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef optional
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed vegetables or 2 15-ounce cans mixed vegetables drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen Lima beans or 1 15-ounce can Lima beans drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn off the cob or 1 15-ounce can niblet corn drained
- 2 cups carrots sliced or 1 (15-ounce) can carrots drained
- 4 pounds of peeled and diced whole tomatoes or 4 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes and okra
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook ground beef, if using, and onions until browned. Add to the slow cooker along with all other ingredients. Cook in the slow cooker for 4 hours on low.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste, if you need.
Yields: 8 serving